Career Level Others
Do you love the Catering & Hospitality Industry? Do you want to encourage and support others to share that love and make a career in the industry? Are you passionate about making a difference and empowering others to fulfil their potential? If this sounds like you, then come and join us at Bradford College where our people transform lives.
The successful applicant will provide assistance to the Academic staff in the Catering & Hospitality area within the Professional & Leisure Services Department by supporting with the ordering of stock and equipment, stock rotations, maintenance of equipment and Health & Safety. You will also work directly with the students to help them to develop their skills in practical sessions of Industry specific courses.
Who you are: You will
* hold a minimum of 4 GCSE’s level 5-9 including Maths, English and Science or equivalent qualifications
* hold a level 3 subject specific qualification
* be a Catering Professional preferably with front of house skills as well kitchen experience
* have a proven ability to carry out risk assessments in line with COSHH and other statutory requirements
* use your great interpersonal and communication skills to engage easily and naturally with students and colleagues
* have a high level of energy and enthusiasm with a positive, proactive and solution-oriented approach
* enjoy working in a team and supporting colleagues to achieve shared goals and objective
Who we are:
Bradford College is a dynamic College in the heart of West Yorkshire, offering further education and higher education to its diverse learners. The College has a strong commitment to delivering an outstanding student experience through a broad and inspiring curriculum. We are entrepreneurial, well-resourced, decisive, and committed to building the Bradford College Brand through a period of cultural change resulting in meeting our strategic objective of becoming an ’employer of choice’.
* Lucrative pension scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Industry Leading Training & Development opportunities
* Money saving options with local organisations
* Experience a dynamic company culture, challenging you to be your best
* Opportunity to be an individual, with ability to use your initiative and try new methods
A check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment