Career Level Others
brighterkind is a dynamic care home group that is delivering a new approach to care, putting residents’ happiness and health at the heart of our philosophy. Currently a standalone business within the Four Seasons Group, brighterkind has aspirations to develop independently into one of the leading care home providers in the UK.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a caring, fun and forward thinking business which is currently in its early stages of development.
brighterkind operates in excess of 70 care homes throughout England, Scotland and the Channel Islands and employs more than 4,000 people. We are already the 5 th largest provider in the UK with aspirations to develop further over the next three years.
brighterkind is focused on becoming the brand of choice within the care sector. Our aspiration is that in time brighterkind becomes a byword for unrivalled levels of personal and nursing care, offering outstanding recreation and activities, and delivering a high quality food and dining experience to all our residents. Put simply, our aim is to establish ourselves as the best known and most highly respected operator in the care sector.
We are investing heavily in our estate as part of a comprehensive re branding and refurbishment strategy. £25m has been earmarked to refurbish our homes and turn them into contemporary and comfortable places to live and work; £12m of this capital has already been invested. We are also investing heavily in professional development and have created a number of industry leading training pro
We aspire to provide our employees with a truly rewarding opportunity to proactively shape the company culture and influence the development of the business. This really is an exciting time to join us. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment for proactive and innovative individuals to flourish and develop.
We are looking for professional, creative and energetic candidates to join our friendly and passionate team all working towards the same goals – to help those we care for, love every day!
grammes to help our managers and leaders to be the best that they can be.
Job Title: Chef
Grade & Spinal Point:
The planning and preparation of high quality meals and snacks for residents and visitors to the home.
To plan and deliver the full dining experience with high quality catering, contributing to the overall wellbeing of the residents within the budgets agreed.
Essential Job Functions
The following basic and other qualifications are reflective of the types of work and commensurate with the level of education and experience indicated in this Job Description. All offers of employment are subject to a DBS check.
Food Preparation and Handling
- Prepare and cook all daily meals for residents and staff, and provide catering for special occasions and events, such as birthday cakes;
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standard and specification;
- To be responsible for monitoring and recording, day to day production schedule of each menu item.
Health and Safety
- Understand and encourage the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene;
- Track and Monitor temperature checks of refrigerators and freezers to ensure food is stored safely;
- Prepare and oversee the cleaning rota, to ensure the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas;
- Understand your personal responsibilities and practice safe systems of work in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act including a working knowledge of COSHH assessments;
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety of residents, visitors and staff;
- Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults and the need for maintenance or replacement;
- Use and clean kitchen equipment and have the knowledge to observe the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995;
- To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations;
- To maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary, reporting all issues to the Home Manager;
- Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and in accordance with legislation, and reporting of equipment issues to your line manager;
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is recorded and disposed of correctly.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident and ensure effective communication is maintained;
- Develop a welcoming culture within the home to encourage an engaged team working ethos, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.