Career Level Others
Are you a qualified Chef actively seeking a new opportunity? Are you looking for career progression? If so, we definitely have the opportunity for you!
We are partnered exclusively with a school in Oundle, who due to expansion, are actively seeking several Chefs to join their large team.
Role 1: Term time plus 17 days, which is 36.4weeks per annum (paid for 40.77 weeks, to include entitlement to holiday pay). Salary £19,716 per annum.
Role 2: Term time plus 42 days, which is 41.4 weeks per annum (paid for 46.38 weeks, to include entitlement to holiday pay). Salary £22,429 per annum.
You will be paid each month through the year. Salary is based on a competitive hourly rate, and reflects the lengthy holiday periods the roles enjoy.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Prepare and cook dishes from fresh ingredients, only using frozen or pre-prepared as a secondary back up when necessary
* To prepare food as per menu to include dietary requirements
* To ensure that all food is presented to a high standard
* Covering the Head Chef’s duties when necessary, to include sick cover at short notice, including menu planning, staff management and allocation of duties
* Working in compliance with the health and safety policy
* To assist in ensuring the kitchens deliver the required level of service and food at all times
* Correctly complete and use cleaning schedules to ensure that the kitchen, dining room and ancillary areas are kept spotlessly clean
* Following the guidelines for the waste management system
* Experience at any level as a Chef
Essential Personal Attributes:
* Enthusiastic to learn new food production techniques
* Ability to prioritise and organise your own workload
* Willing to learn and adapt
* Flexible by being prepared to respond to requests at short notice periods
* Team player
* Ability to work calmly and under pressure
* Professional at all times
* 80 hours over a two-week rota, with every other weekend off. Some split shifts are required.
* 21 days paid holiday in each complete holiday year, plus 7 bank holidays. This is pro-rata for part time staff
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Life Assurance scheme
* BUPA Wellbeing Expenses Plan
* Access to some discounted tickets to the Stahl Theatre and Music Productions
* Access to the swimming pool, health centre and sports facilities
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Free light lunch available for staff during school term times
* Free car parking
This exciting opportunity has many great perks with a lengthy holiday entitlement. Do not miss out, we are looking to speak to experienced and qualified Chefs immediately. HIT Apply Now