Career Level Others
If you are an experienced Executive or Head Chef with a passion for food and great culinary experiences, this is an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious organisation with a rich history.
Founded in 1604, Blundell’s is a co-educational independent school for pupils aged 11 – 18. Boasting excellent facilities and the best in pastoral care, we are committed to providing an outstanding learning experience for all students.
Our exceptional Catering Team have a reputation for creating outstanding dishes for pupils, staff and visitors alike. From day-to-day catering for nearly 900 pupils and staff, to gala dinners and black tie events, we are committed to delivering a high-quality service each and every time.
We are now looking for a Head Chef to join our Catering Team, starting the 1st September 2020, covering both our Senior School and our Preparatory School.
– Competitive salary
– 25 days’ holiday
– Pension scheme
– Meals during term time
– Free parking
– Use of excellent sports facilities
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a positive impact on our catering offering and contribute to the expansion of our function and event catering services.
You will be given the freedom to fully utilise your creativity and passion, play an integral role in the development of our menus and witness the joy your dishes bring to our school community first-hand.
Based in 90 acres of beautiful Devon countryside, we offer a supportive and rewarding environment where staff are encouraged to challenge themselves and further grow their abilities.
As the Head Chef, you will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of dishes, ensuring that our reputation for quality and variety is enhanced.
Working alongside our Catering Manager and our Kitchen Manager at our Preparatory School, you will create new menus, provide dishes that further support a healthy diet and develop the Catering Team’s skills.
You will also:
– Expand and promote our event and function catering offering
– Support the creation of special diet menus, including gluten free and dairy free
– Work with the Catering Manager to control budgets
– Create bespoke menus and dishes for events
– Help to monitor stock levels and order ingredients
– Ensure that food rotation procedures are adhered to
– Make sure all health and safety and legislative requirements are adhered to
To join us as our Head Chef, you will need:
– Experience as an Executive or Head Chef at a similar level
– To be passionate about food and customer service
– Experience of leading a successful team
– To be able to demonstrate innovation and strategic direction in food planning and menu development
– A City and Guilds 706/2, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
– An intermediate food hygiene certificate
Other organisations may call this role Chef, Executive Chef, Food & Beverage Manager, Kitchen Manager, Senior Chef, Head Caterer, Private Chef, Lead Chef, Kitchen Supervisor, or Catering Supervisor.
This is a full-time role, working 45 hours per week, including evenings and weekends, as agreed with the Catering Manager.
Please note, this role is expected to commence on the 1st September 2020 and applications will be assessed as they are received, as such early applications are encouraged to avoid disappointment.
Webrecruit and Blundell’s are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next step as our Head Chef, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency