Career Level Others
Provide excellent teaching and learning of hospitality/customer service and employability skills sessions and support the raising of standards in accordance with the aims and strategic objectives of the organisation.
* To deliver high quality hospitality, customer service and employability sessions (accredited and non-accredited) using methods that will stimulate learning appropriate to learner needs and the demands of the course.
* Liaison with employers (where needed) on the development of pre-employment training programmes to satisfy employer requirements and add value to learners.
* To support the achievement of contractual targets for learner retention and success rates.
* To complete attendance registers and reviews in line with processes.
* Monitor learner progress to ensure learning continues and learners achieve in a timely manner.
* Seek feedback from learners on learning support materials in order to review and improve the service and learning experience.
* Ensure systems and processes are followed and are in line with contractual deadlines.
* To provide effective IAG to support learner progression.
* Provide feedback to learners during reviews on progress
* Deliver outcomes in line with current KPI’s and business performance targets.
* Promote safeguarding, British values, prevent, numeracy and literacy within all sessions.
* Administrating and completing paperwork associated with programme delivery within required timescales.
* Promote and monitor equality and diversity in all aspects of the role and record issues that may arise.
* This job spec does not represent an exhaustive list and role holders may be asked to carry out additional duties as reasonably requested.
* Recent experience in the delivery and assessment of accredited qualifications in the field of hospitality, customer service and employability and career development.
* Vocationally qualified to level 3 or above in hospitality and customer service.
* Relevant occupational experience in a hospitality and customer service environment
* Level 4 teaching qualification or above
* Recognised Assessor award: D32/D33, A1, TAQA or CAVA.
* IAG level 3 or above
* GCSE Grade C Maths & English
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience of unsupervised working and using own initiative.
* The ability to work in a target orientated environment and achieve required measures of success and quality.
* An understanding of different learning styles and how to differentiate through various teaching methods.
* Ability to motivate self and learners.
* Willingness to work flexible hours and locations as required.
* Flexible, committed & enthusiastic.
* Driving licence.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People LTD may share your details with end client at shortlist stage