SC Cleared 2nd Line Support – SDA – Tech Bar
Career Level Others
SC Cleared 2nd Line Support – SDA – Tech Spot (Tech Bar)- £25,000 – £30,000
The Tech Spot tech bar is an innovative and customer-friendly way of providing face-to-face on-site IT support to staff members. This consists of answering ‘how to’ questions, providing a first-time fix where possible and can even be used to support the release of new technologies and showcasing future innovations. The concept of a Tech Spot is about providing an approachable team in an accommodating environment where engineers show empathy to any issues experienced by customers and guide them through the most appropriate and efficient solution.
The role is to provide face to face first line and second line support. This will include highly skilled and complex technical advice to customers on queries and requests related to all aspects of application, desktop/mobile and network systems and to ensure that this support meets the established Service Level Agreements and quality standards. The most integral element of this role is the enhancement of Customer Experience which requires a positive, upbeat and proactive ‘can-do’ attitude.
Essential / Minimum Criteria
- In depth knowledge of PC technologies and desktop/server hardware and software architectures.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft applications used on PCs/laptops/mobile devices.
- In depth knowledge of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016
- Knowledge and experience of web/browser based applications
- Knowledge of Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and Firefox
- Knowledge and experience of ServiceNow.
- Ability to identify and distinguish between hardware, software, network and server problems.
- Knowledge of cabling and network architectures.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory.
- Excellent communication skills, in particular face to face and written enquiry handling;
- Advanced skills in the use of PCs/laptops/mobile devices and associated software and applications.
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly and organise and prioritise work in an effective manner; ability to manage own time to deliver against tasks set by others, with a short term horizon.
- Ability to work within a target oriented environment and give specific and clear instructions and problem-solving advice.
- Requires excellent and proven face to face customer handling experience.
- Must be able to drive proactive issue resolution by thinking out of the box in some instances, and when unable to resolve these issues will take ownership and accountability for these issues.
- Must be able to work independently to deliver to timelines as well as ensuring down time is reduced and filled with proactive work.
- Ability to work with a range of organisations on behalf of the customer in a SIAM environment.
- Provide technical assistance to customers on the use of all PCs – encompassing desktop/mobile and server, hardware and software in accordance with service level requirements.
- Ensure that all customer enquiries are effectively logged onto established recording systems and that these systems are effectively maintained to the highest quality This maintenance may also include proactive updates to the customers.
- Provide installation of hardware, software and applications or upgrades on customers’ systems.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers on the effective use of desktop/mobile systems and their associated software, networks and peripherals.
- Ensure effective escalation and hand-over of customer enquiries/problems to the correct referral group and/or 3rd party maintenance supplier ensuring accurate information is provided and the process is carried out in a timely manner.
- Carry out extensive technical investigation prior to hand-over/referral.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the scheduling teams including work progress and service levels.
- Provide incident, problem and escalation management for the field services domain.
- Keep up to date with changes in the IT systems of the customer and industry.
- Weekly/daily reporting input required on key issues and trends identified at the Tech Spot.
- Ask for ad-hoc and structured feedback in relation to the service(s) used by the customer during and after their visit.
- Undertake floor walks in the building to identify and log faulty IT equipment needing replacing or fixing.
- Contribute to running ‘how-to’ demo sessions used to showcase and inform end users about kit/tech and solving common IT issues.
Active SC Clearance is required for the position.
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
Damia Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy…… click apply for full job details